Monday, December 9, 2013

Afterschool is a REAL Solution Linked to Closing the Achievement Gap


We recently received a box of printed materials that excited Michelle and Ken.  Inside the box were copies of an unpublished research study by Deborah Vandell.  What she found was that when children attend quality after school programs consistently there is NO gap between low income and high income children's math achievement. No wonder they were excited; proof positive for what they have devoted themselves to.

I did a little research on Deborah Vandell and found her a well published, passionate researcher on after school studies.  I look forward to reading some of the studies I found online.  If you are interested in what was in the box we received you can find a .pdf at this link:

http://www.statewideafterschoolnetworks.net/system/files/resources1/The%20Achievement%20Gap%20is%20Real_0.pdf

If you have any problems drop me a line and I can forward it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment